GENERAL RULES ON ADMISSION
Admission is a process that grants an applicant a formal acceptance to the school, with the definite understanding that the student and his/her parents or guardians agree in writing to comply with the scholastic standards of this school, its rules and regulations, as well as the ideals of Catholic education.
REQUIREMENTS FOR NEW STUDENTS AND TRANSFEREES
- Form 138/Report Card or record of latest quarterly grades.(original &photocopy)
- Letter of Recommendation from either the Principal or the Guidance Counselor of the previous school.
- One recent colored ID picture (1 x 1).
- A minimum General Average of 80% and must not have incurred failing grades to qualify for admission.
- An average Conduct Mark of 85%
- Birth Certificate with registry number. (original & photocopy)
- Baptismal Certificate. (Original & photocopy)
- Complete Immunization Record. (original & photocopy)
- Passing mark in the Entrance Examination and Interview.
- A new student may be admitted on condition that he meets all the requirements.
- If an alien, a photocopy of Alien Certificate of Registration and Immigration Certificate of Residence required.
- Secure Application Form from the Registrar’s Office
- Submit the accomplished Application Form and pertinent requirements at the Registrar’s Office.
- Pay the Testing Fee and secure test permit at the Cashier’s Office.
- Report for testing and interviews on the scheduled date at the Guidance Office.
- Claim test result on the scheduled date from the Registrar’s Office.
Secure and submit Reservation and Contract Forms at the Registrar’s Office. (For Test Passers)
FEES AND PAYMENTS
- Tuition and Miscellaneous Fees are posted at the Finance Office prior to and during enrollment period.
The following are the Payment Plans:
Plan A Whole Year Basis
Registration and Tuition fees for the entire year are paid upon registration.
Plan B Semestral Basis
Registration and Tuition Fees for the first Semester are paid upon registration. Payments are due on or before 5th day of November.
Plan C Quarterly Basis
Registration and Tuition Fees for the First Quarter are paid upon registration. Payments are due on or before the 5th day of September, November and February.
Plan D Monthly Basis
- Free Tuition fee benefit is granted to the fourth child (half year free tuition) and the fifth child (one year free tuition) of each family whose children are all studying in St. James Academy.
- Any certification requested from the different offices is issued upon payment of a fee after forty –eight hours (2days) from the date of the request.
- All financial matters for any project or activities should be transacted with the Finance Office upon permission from the Principal.
- Graduation and Retreat/Recollection Fees are collected annually.
POLICY ON WITHDRAWAL AND REFUND
A student is considered officially enrolled if he has satisfactorily complied with all the requirements for admission.
A student who withdraws from school anytime during the year should:
- Present an official written withdrawal notice from the parents / guardian and to be approved by the Principal.
- Secure an official Clearance Paper from the Principal’s Office and present the accomplished said paper to the Accounting Office.
- Submit the accomplished Clearance Paper and withdrawal written notice to the Office of the Registrar.
When a student registers in school, it is understood that he/she is enrolling for the entire school year.
A student who withdraws from the school will be charged:
- 5% of the total amount due for the term if he withdraws before classes start.
- 10% of the total amount due for the term if he withdraws within the first week of classes regardless of whether or not he has actually attended classes.
- 20% of the total amount due for the term if he withdraws within the second week of classes regardless of whether or not he has actually attended classes.
- 100% of full payment if he withdraws anytime after the second week of classes whether he/she has or has not actually attended classes.